There are exciting new advancements in breast cancer detection. DBC seeks to inform women by sharing information on new technologies so that anyone interested in more information can easily access it. Today, we highlight Aristotle®
The founders of Aristotle, StageZero Life Science, have provided the information below.
What 9 specific cancers can Aristotle® detect?
• Ovarian Cancer
• Breast Cancer
• Endometrial Cancer
• Cervical Cancer
• Bladder Cancer
• Prostate Cancer
• Colorectal Cancer
• Liver Cancer
• Stomach Cancer
Please note Aristotle® tests for all cancers- you cannot just say you want to be tested for breast cancer.
Who is Aristotle® for?
• Those who have a family history of cancer.
• Those who want to take steps to find cancer early.
• The Aristotle® test can be ordered for patients 18 and older. Aristotle® is not recommended for patients who have a current cancer diagnosis and are in treatment.
What is Aristotle?
Aristotle® is the first mRNA-based, multi-cancer panel for simultaneously screening for multiple cancers from a single sample of blood. Aristotle® was built on StageZero Life Science’s proprietary technology platform, the Sentinel Principle®, which has been validated in more than 9,000 patients and used by more than 100,000 patients in North America. Aristotle can discretely detect each cancer signature with high sensitivity and specificity.
How Does Aristotle® Work?
• Immunoediting, which is the interaction of the immune system with diseases, leads to identifiable gene expression signatures in whole blood.
• Aristotle® uses immunoediting to identify and measure these gene expression signatures for multiple disease states, specifically and discretely for each disease state.
• The technology platform, the Sentinel Principle, identifies gene expression signatures for multiple cancers as well as inflammatory and immune disorders (Osteo Arthritis, Crohn’s Disease), cardiovascular disease (Congestive Heart Failure), and central nervous system disorders (Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s), among others.
• The identification and measurement of these specific and discrete disease states means Aristotle® can measure all stages of the disease (stages 1,2,3 and 4). This is a key advantage over circulating tumor cells (CTC) or cell-free DNA technologies where quantity of DNA is more available in late stages of the disease making detection of early-stage disease more difficult.
• SZLS uses mRNA instead of DNA because it is a more stable system.
• Aristotle®, from a sample of whole blood, measures your gene expression patterns against that of the cancers for which we have identified gene expression signatures. A match means you have a high probability of having that cancer.
• As with any screening test, a full clinical and diagnostic workup is needed to confirm the finding of the screening test.
Where is it available?
Aristotle® is available in multiple locations in Canada and the U.S. Please visit www.stagezerolifesciences.com/aristotle-test for more information.
How can I access the test? Do I need a referral?
The Aristotle® test needs to be prescribed by your physician. Ask your doctor if this test is right for you.
This test can also be ordered through our affiliated telehealth program. Visit www.stagezerolifesciences.com/aristotle-test to inquire about this test.
Is it covered by insurance?
At this time, it is not covered by insurance, but you can submit the bill to your insurance to try for reimbursement.
The Science Behind the Test
Aristotle: A single blood test for pan-cancer screening. Dempsey AA, Chao S, Stamatiou D, Pilcz T, Ying J, and Burakoff R; Journal of Clinical Oncology 2020; 38:15_suppl, e15037-e15037.
Where can I find more information about Aristotle®?